You can carry out the identification via an app or in the browser. For this, you need a valid identity document, a smartphone or a computer with a camera and a stable internet connection.
After self-identification, you can sign with a qualified electronic signature (QES) under Swiss law. It takes about 10 minutes, and you can verify your identity anytime.
Good to know! You can carry out self-identification 24/7. But remember that our partner will check your documents from Monday to Saturday between 7:00 and 22:00.
Here is how you can carry out self-identification from your profile:
- Go to Signature standards and click on Increase
- Then enter your mobile number and click on Next
If you've already entered your mobile number, follow the instructions.
- Click on Increase to maximum and then on Switzerland
- Select Online identification and then Self-Check
- Choose how you want to verify your identity – via a smartphone app or in the browser on your computer
- Scan your ID document and make a video of yourself
- That's it! You are now ready to sign.
Good to know! Don't have an account and have been invited to sign with QES? Go to the signature invitation in your e-mail inbox to open the document. Then follow the instructions to verify your identity. You don't need an account to do this.
Good to know before you get started
- Accepted ID documents
You can carry out self-identification 24/7. But remember that our partner will check your documents from Monday to Saturday between 7:00 and 22:00.
You can verify your identity in English, German, French and Italian.
- Identification does not work?